Sunday, November 23, 2014

7 years and counting

7 years ago I started this blog after purchasing the Antrim dollhouse from Earth and Tree Miniatures & Dollhouses (stay tuned for details on a contest to celebrate my blogoversary later this month). Here is what it looked like, and the exterior I added to it with the help of Paris Renfroe. The Antrim has been discontinued but my first blog post showed the other contemporary dollhouse sold by Earth and Tree, the Merrimack (you can see more pictures of the Merrimack here when I visited the store last summer).

1:12 scale Merrimack pictures from Earth and Tree Miniatures

Here are photos of the 1:12 scale dollhouse and an updated living room that JaNeen sent from Earth and Tree.



1:24 scale Merrimack pictures from minimodernistas.com

Doris from minimodernistas.com has been in love with this house for years but didn't have the room for the 1" scale version that is 48" wide x 22" deep x 35" tall. So Doris bought the 1/2" scale version that is only 24" wide, 11" deep by 18" tall. The house inspired her to shrink her designs for a new line of 1:24 scale miniatures. The kitchen is a prototype and is not currently for sale.


You can see all of the new 1:24 scale furniture and accessories that Doris has added to her website here.

It's been a great 7 years of blogging and collecting modern miniatures. I've finally cut back on other obligations and am making more time for this blog and miniatures. Please check back or submit your email in the top right to hear about upcoming contests and mini news. Thanks for sharing the ride with me!

mini smiles,
megan

7 comments:

  1. Doris of minimoderniatas is one of the geniuses in Modern Mini design. You can find a piece of hers in almost every important modern mini scene. Congrats on your 7 years. You have been a great inspiration when modern designs were scarce. CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Agreed, Doris is one of the best. I love her stuff!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Mini!
    I always enjoy your blog and look forward to the contest! One day I would love to have one of those huge modern houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few contests in the works so please stay tuned. I love the 1:12 scale, but the 1:24 is growing on me as it is so much smaller.

      Delete
  3. Happy 7 years! I always enjoy getting to read another one of your posts :) I love seeing the Antrim in its before state as well! You did such a great job on it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristine! The Antrim is definitely my favorite. :D

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 7 years! I am so relieved that you are going to continue blogging (and even more). I got a bit worried as I was reading that you were about to say good-bye. Love those plates and dishes and the Antrim.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.