Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Happy New Year for Modern Mini Houses!

As there have been so many new modern houses on the market, I wanted to show the additions I made to my Where to Buy Modern Dollhouses page. I have over 50 modern houses pictured, check them out when you have some time. Thanks to Modern MC for always finding and sharing new houses.

The Bauhaus Dollshouse by Louise Putman comes in different colors and with choice of tinted or clear sliding plexi doors. Edward House is the new and improved Emerson House by brinca dada. MiniTown Loft Kit by HBS Miniatures has a lot of potential and is their 2012 Creatin' Contest Kit.

Newcomer The Contemporary Home in Miniature introduced three houses this year: The Solent Reach, The Harbour Heights and The Quayhaven.

This year brought us some new Barbie modern dollhouses. The Minimalist by Miss Schumetta and Miniko Doll House by Miniio.

Under Custom, Commissioned, OOAK builders, please send me more modern builders you know with websites. I added Erik Goddard www.erikgoddard.com. I have more to add, and will try to update soon.

In the Budget Friendly Finds section I added two new DIY projects. Made by Joel madebyjoel.com. Joel's website has some great ideas and plans for building your own dollhouses and furniture. Check out his video making a dollhouse on the Martha Stewart Show. Four Bad Apples fourbadapples.blogspot.com. Check out this blog to see how Adrienne and her daughters made this house from scraps of wood from the throw away bin at her local home supply store.

Please send me ones I have missed at modernminifan at gmail.com, and I will add them to the growing list. I'm looking forward to what modern mini houses will surprise us this year. Keep on building!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the links. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous survey as usual! Want to play with the Edward, love Miss Schumatta's work, all of them! C

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great compilation ! Thanks for sharing ! Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.