Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas


Christmas goodies are in! The ceramic plates, bowl and vase were a gift from my mother-in-law. She's an amazing potter in 1:1 scale, but I believe a friend of hers made these minis so I'll find out who and report back. My brother-in-law and his wife got me the beautiful acrylic artwork over the bed titled Mulinello (Whirlpool in Italian) by Lisa Renfroe from PRD Miniatures.

I got this new rug from PRD Miniatures along with the cool linens Lisa is making for Paris' beds, they are removable from the mattress just like real sheet sets so you can swap them with the room decor. I'm planning on painting the walls in the bedroom a light brown shade but haven't found the perfect color yet. I threw this room together to highlight my new minis but I'll be adding a bathroom to it as well, so it is still in progress.

The goods:
PRD Miniatures: Bedroom - SLICE Vortex End Table, rug, bed, linens, painting, mirror, metallic tribal cubes; Living room - fireplace. minimodernistas: Bedroom - room divider, Japanese pillows; Living room - Long&Low sofa, Long&Low chair, pillows, ottoman, rug. More details on other items blogged here. Flower in pot and paper box made by minisdecris, Cristina Diego. Reac Barcelona Chair. Kaleidoscope House repainted vases. Chrome side tables are on ebay again. 2 portraits over chair are a gift from Shale, SusansHouse.blogspot.com. Artwork over tribal cubes is a magnet from SF MoMA, coffee table in living room is picture frame from SF MoMA. Other accessories are from Good Sam show and I'll post about those artisans later.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic presents! I love the ceramic pieces - they'd be great in 1:1 or mini scale :-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca Happy New Years to you! A great perk with this hobby, is I'm pretty easy to shop for.
    :)
    MMH

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.